Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Outside Pets

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/5-ways-to-help-your-pet-live-longer.html


This link gives some great details.  Although I do agree with most on this site especially the Dental situation. I think that a pet that spends 60% of it's time outside in the sun and elements are healthier than those pets that spend 60% + of their lives inside. They have less tolerant immune systems. I have a 20 year old Chihuahua that I rescued three years ago and she is probably that old because she was an outside dog before I got her. My other ones that spend less time outside are quite sick in their senior years. Montioring your pets while they are outside and ensuring they stay away from other sick animals is key. But, I think good outside time helps the overall health of a pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment