Tuesday, March 22, 2011

fleas are alive and well this spring

I am here posting so I can update you all and let you know my blogger hasn't been logged on yet so I'm going to recap some of my grooming situations yesterday.  I found out that fleas are alive and well when a client came in with a dog that had fleas.  It was a maltese and it had one adult flea on it which means, omg, house needs sprayed, pet needs to be treated, and get a flea collar, and just PANIC!!  Well, ok, it's not that bad.  But, personally, I can't stand fleas.  So, it's a big deal for me.  If you keep your pets on frontline once a month you will not have a problem.  NEVER SKIP is my own personal "learned from experience" moment.  Pets usually end up having an allergic reaction to a flea bite.  This makes their skin swell, itchy, and lose hair and also makes them become tedious about itching themselves until their own skin is bloody. Gross.  So just pick a preventative.  Make sure it treats all stages of fleas and go from there.  I hate fleas.  This doggie was a champ though. He was scrawny and looked hilarious looking at me as I let him soak for 10 minutes with some flea shampoo on him.  He yelped a few times in the bath.  Mostly wanting out.  But, I learned to stay closer to him after I got my invoice done.  Then I just waited the time out with him nearby.  We listened to Eli Young Band while we waited.  He didn't have fleas when he left the groomer, that's for sure.  Check my website under the "newsletter" link on what to do when you have fleas.  Night Night Blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment